All about our insurance plans

We cover your life, health, travel, home and cars – apply now or ask us for more information

We have you covered

We offer a host of insurance plans so you can protect everything precious to you – your loved ones, your wellbeing, your home, cars and property. Read more about the plans we have on offer, choose what suits your needs best and be well prepared for life’s unexpected events.




Yes you can, but pre-existing conditions will not be covered by the policy.
An annual policy is good for someone who is likely to travel more frequently as it is more cost-effective and you don’t have to notify us every time you travel.
A single trip policy covers you only for one specified trip, whereas an annual policy will cover you for multiple trips made during the year without having to notify us. The cover and the limits offered for our annual and single trip policies are identical.
A pre-existing condition is defined as any medical condition which existed prior to a journey affecting you and/or any close relative and/or travelling companion, including but not limited to (a) a condition for which the person is on a waiting list for hospital in-patient treatment, (b) a condition referred to a medical specialist, (c) a condition or the cause of in-patient treatment within 12 months prior to the journey, or (d) a condition for which a terminal prognosis has been provided by a medical practitioner.
No children are not covered free, but a reduced rate is charged and they still need to be added into the policy.
Yes it is, provided you are with an instructor and you are diving no deeper than 30 metres.
Anyone less than 16 years old is considered a child. The maximum age up to which you can be insured is 75 years.
The reason we have a 65-year age limit on some travel insurance is because of the high probability of claims from this age group. If we covered these risks, the result would be a general raise in all premiums for everyone. However, we always try to be accommodating, so please speak to us and we’ll do the best we can to help.
If you have opted for agency repairs, then your vehicle will be repaired at the main authorised dealership. Otherwise, the insurance company will select one of its authorised repairers depending on the vehicle type, nature of damage and availability.
Our home insurance policy is designed for items of personal use only. However, if your home-office is used for anything other than paperwork and telephone calls, like for e.g., if you receive visits from clients/customers, employ staff, or keep business related cash or stock at the property, please call us to discuss your requirements.
No, you only need to specify items in the home that are worth more than AED 20,000 and AED 5,000 under personal possessions.
No, you don’t, although, we may ask at the time of claim for any proof of purchase like receipts or any operating manuals. However, for items those are specified in the policy under cover outside of the home should be supported by proof of purchase or a recent valuation certificate.
Yes, we do offer a skiing option that provides cover on a range of skiing benefits for customers who want to take part in normal winter sports activities. Please tick this box when requesting an online home insurance quotation. A premium charge will be made for this extension.
Yes, GCC and Oman cover is provided at an additional cost.
Insurance for high-value cars or sports cars can be arranged on a referral basis only.
All lost or damaged items will all be replaced on a new for old basis (except for clothing, where a wear and tear deduction may be made).
A number of factors are used to calculate your insurance premium. Amongst these factors are the age of the driver, length of driving experience, claims history, location, value of the vehicle and type.
This is set by you when applying. Single trips are covered for up to 62 days, which is also the limit for annual policies.
As a general guideline, contents are all of the items you would be likely to take when moving out including carpets, curtains, furniture, electrical appliances, valuables, clothing and personal effects. Your contents sum insured must represent the total current replacement cost of all such items in your home. Items that are to be insured outside of the home do not need to be included in this sum. 
As the insurance premium is affected by the profile of the driver, it is not possible to simply transfer insurance cover from one driver to another. The existing policy must be cancelled. The new owner will then be given a new insurance policy that is required for registration purposes.
The premium for the unexpired period is returned as long as no claims were made during the insurance period. The refund is calculated on pro rata basis.
Yes, you are legally required to insure your vehicle in the UAE.
Cancellation on the grounds of war or terrorism isn't covered by your policy.
To register a new vehicle, you need the purchase invoice from the agency, Emirates ID and driving license copy. 
To renew your motor insurance, you need your Emirates ID, driving license copy and Mulakiya copy. 

Our annual and single trip policies cover some hazardous sports. Here’s a list: 


Covered if professionally organised and supervised and you wear appropriate safety equipment

Not covered



Base jumping



Big game hunting


Banana boating

BMX stunt riding


Black water rafting


Boogie Boarding

Bungee jumping



Canoeing / kayaking (no white water)



Clay pigeon shooting

Caving / pot holing





Flotilla sailing (with professional leader)

Cycle racing

Cycling (no racing)

Go karting

Flying (except as a fare paying passenger)

Fell walking


Free / high diving


Hiking under 6,000m



Horse riding (no jumping)

Hang gliding

Ice skating

Hot air ballooning

Horse jumping / hunting


Indoor rock climbing (with belays)

Judo / karate / martial arts

Manual work (at ground level involving no machinery)

Jet biking

Kite surfing

Jet skiing


Marathon running

Paint balling

Micro lighting

Mountain biking (on recognised routes)

Parascending (over water)

Motor cycling (unless on machines of less than 125cc and where you have held a motorcycle license for at least 3 years and are conviction free)


Pony trekking



River tubing (no white water)

Organised team sports

Sailing (within territorial waters)

Shooting (not big game)


Scuba diving (down to 30m accompanied by a qualified diver or instructor)

Sleigh riding as a passenger



Swimming with dolphins

Parascending over land





Water skiing (no jumping)

Professional / semi-professional sports


White water rafting

Quad biking



Rock climbing

Table tennis

Sailing (outside territorial waters)


Scuba diving (below 30m)

Ten pin bowling

Shark diving


Street hockey


Water ski jumping

Water polo




War and terrorism are standard exclusions under the terms and conditions of this and most other travel insurance policies.
A motor insurance policy is a mandatory policy issued by an insurance company as part of prevention of public liability to protect the general public from any accident that might take place on the road. UAE law mandates that every owner of a motor vehicle must have a motor insurance policy.
This cover is for objects that are literally "taken outside of the home", for e.g., cameras, watches, sunglasses and jewellery. This cover can be arranged on both a specified and an unspecified basis. You need to specify items that are over AED 5,000, if you require these to be insured outside of the home. For objects below this amount, a general sum insured can be provided, for e.g., up to AED 3,000.
The coverage under the policy is extended to include loss or damage to your insured vehicle and/or third-party liability while being driven off road.
The excess or deductible is the customer contribution made at the time of non-recoverable claim(s) due to an accident. Non-recoverable motor claims usually occur when an accident is caused by the insurance policy holder. Our standard excess is as per UAE law.
Full car insurance policy covers you against loss, damage and third-party liability. You are also protected against damage to your motor vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, theft, or a malicious act unless specifically excluded. Accrued legal liability and agreed costs and expenses against third party bodily injury/property damage arising out of use of motor vehicles unless specifically excluded. Third-party liability covers you against death or bodily injury to any third party/person. Damages to third party property arising out of the use of your motor vehicle. More importantly, this policy does not cover any damage or loss to your own vehicle.
The excess or deductible is the customer contribution made at the time of non-recoverable claim(s) due to an accident. Non-recoverable motor claims usually occur when an accident is caused by the insurance policy holder. Our standard excess is as per UAE law.
This depends on what section you are claiming under. The standard excess for buildings is AED 1,000, contents is AED 250, and cover outside the home is AED 250.
A No Claims Discount (NCD) is the discount given on your premium based on the experience (i.e. number of years without claims) of the driver.
To cancel the policy, please call the direct line of our sales agents +971 4 3160171, +971 4 3160094, +971 4 3160097, +971 4 3160944.
The policy holder must have a financial interest in the vehicle. The Traffic Department will only register a vehicle in the name stated on the certificate of motor insurance.
A 13-month insurance period is required to cover the one-month registration grace period.
Your home is covered for a maximum of 60 days while you are away on holiday. If you're planning to be away for longer than 60 days, please contact us to arrange for your home insurance cover to be extended.
In most cases, it shouldn't make a big difference. However, for the small number of cases where the number of claims are well above the average, we may alter the terms of cover and/or increase the premium when it's time to renew the policy. If you have a break-in, we'll offer suggestions on home security and may ask you to carry out security improvements at your next renewal.