Activating Your Debit Card
When you receive your card, please sign on the signature strip at the back immediately using a black or blue ballpoint pen. You will need to activate your card before you use it.
Simple steps to activate your Debit Card:
Please retrieve the 4 digit AUTH CODE that would have been sent as an SMS to the mobile number registered with us for your account linked to this Debit Card.
At any Emirates NBD ATM
- Insert your Debit Card in the ATM
- You will be prompted to enter the AUTH CODE
- Choose "Other Services" and then "Debit Card Activation"
- Choose "New/Replaced Cards"
- Enter a 4 digit PIN of your choice and confirm the same to set it
In case you have not received your AUTH CODE, you will not be able to activate your Card through the ATM. You will need to call the activation helpline on +971 600 54 00 00 to receive the AUTH CODE and activate your card.
Over the phone
- Call the activation helpline on +971 600 54 00 00 and select the language of your choice
- Choose "Debit Card Activation > New/Replaced Cards" and enter your 16 digit Debit Card number
- Choose option 1 and enter the AUTH CODE and you will then be prompted to set your PIN and confirm the same
- If AUTH CODE has not been received, choose option 2.
You will be prompted to enter your registered mobile number. AUTH CODE will be sent to this number if it matches the registered number on our system. You will need to call back to activate your card.
Your Debit Card will be ready for use once you have activated your card and set your PIN.